1. Permissible Use. You agree to use the Services for your personal use, and your commercial use is limited to transactions done on your own behalf, or your company’s behalf if you are an authorized representative. The commercial use is limited to providing information to consumers via the Services. Without limitation, individuals and companies with an advertisement listing on Zill Home (“Service Partners”) are prohibited from using information available on Zill Home in making any business-related decisions. Subject to the restrictions set forth in the following paragraphs, you may copy information from the Services only as necessary for your personal use to view, save, print, fax and/or e-mail such information. You agree otherwise not to reproduce, modify, distribute, display or otherwise provide access to, create derivative works from, decompile, disassemble or reverse engineer any portion of the Services.
2. Restrictions and Additional Terms. You agree not to remove or modify any copyright or other intellectual property notices that appear in the Services. Further:
- Automated Queries. Automated queries (including screen and database scraping, spiders, robots, crawlers and any other automated activity with the purpose of obtaining information from the Services) are strictly prohibited on the Services, unless you have received express written permission from Zill Home. As a limited exception, publicly available search engines and similar Internet navigation tools ("Search Engines") may query the Services and provide an index with links to the Services' Web pages, only to the extent such unlicensed "fair use" is allowed by applicable copyright law. Search Engines are not permitted to query or search information protected by a security verification system ("captcha") which limits access to human users.
- Calls. The Services may provide phone numbers that can connect you with Service Partners or other third parties. Some of the numbers listed may be routed through a third party service ("Calling Service"). Calls through the Calling Service may be recorded or monitored for quality assurance and customer service purposes. In the event that you make a call through a Calling Service, you consent to such recording and monitoring.
5. Advertisement Restrictions. Zill Home makes no guarantees as to the frequency with which a Service Partner’s advertisement will display in the banner advertisement section. In addition, Zill Home reserves the right to make changes to its advertisements, including but not limited to: amount of advertisement space allocated on the site, number of advertisements displayed, size and format of advertisements, category options for Service Partners, and changes to the number of Service Partners allowed per category.
6. The Role of Zill Home. Zill Home is not a licensed real estate broker in the state of California and does not broker real estate transactions. Zill Home does not act as a real estate agent for you or any other user. Zill Home does not sell, buy, or negotiate the purchase, sale, or exchange of real property. Further, Zill Home does not lease or rent, offer to lease or rent, or negotiate the lease of real property or otherwise aid or assist in the lease of real property.
7. The Role of Zill Home; Disclaimer. Zill Home does not endorse or recommend the products of any particular Service Partner. Zill Home is not an agent of either any consumer or Service Partner. Zill Home is only providing an administrative service to consumers and participating Service Partners. Zill Home assumes no responsibility for any result or consequence related directly or indirectly to any action or inaction that consumers take based on the Services, and any other information available there. Interest rates provided through the Services are for information purposes only, and actual interest rates may vary.
8. Participating Service Partners. The Service Partners participating in the Services are solely responsible for their services to consumers. Zill Home shall not be liable for any damages or costs of any type arising out of or in any way connected with any consumers' use of the Services or the services offered by Service Partners. Zill Home is not responsible for any errors or delays caused by consumers or Service Partners. Zill Home reserves the right, at any time and at its sole discretion, to discontinue, suspend, or terminate the participation of any Service Partner or other user from Zill Home. Consumers should confirm credentials for any Service Partner they may choose to contact.
11. Linked Materials and Third-Party Materials. The Services include links to third-party products, services and Web sites, as well as materials provided by third parties. Zill Home does not endorse, and takes no responsibility for such products, services, Web sites, and materials. You understand that Zill Home has no obligation to, and generally does not, approve or monitor materials provided by third parties through the Services. Your dealings with any third party arising in connection with the Services are solely between you and such third party, and Zill Home takes no responsibility for any damages or costs of any type arising out of or in any way connected with your dealings with these third parties.
12. Claims of Copyright Infringement. Zill Home respects the intellectual property rights of others, and asks that everyone using the Services do the same. Anyone who believes that their work has been reproduced on the Services in a way that constitutes copyright infringement may notify World Links via the contact information on the Contact Us page.
13. Intellectual Property. The Services and the property on this Web site, including any logos and specific names, are considered intellectual property and are the property of Zill Home and its licensors. ©2005 - 2016 Open Source Matters, Inc. All rights reserved. ZIP+4 data ©2006-2016 United States Postal Service. All rights reserved. ©1995-2016 Mortgage Loan Directory and Information, LLC. All rights reserved. ©2003 - 2016 Brown House Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved. You may not use any of Zill Home’ trademarks as part of your screen name or email address on the Services. The names of actual companies, products, and services mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners. Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved. Zill Home does not assert copyright or grant any rights to the underlying images or descriptions of real estate listings provided through the Services. Any use of these images and descriptions is subject to the copyright owner's permission and/or the requirements of applicable law.
14. NO WARRANTY. ZILL HOME PROVIDES THE SERVICES "AS IS," "WITH ALL FAULTS" AND "AS AVAILABLE," AND THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO SATISFACTORY QUALITY, PERFORMANCE, ACCURACY, AND EFFORT IS WITH YOU. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, ZILL HOME AND ITS SUPPLIERS MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. ZILL HOME AND ITS SUPPLIERS EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS, EXPRESS, STATUTORY AND IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION (A) WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, WORKMANLIKE EFFORT, ACCURACY, TITLE, QUIET ENJOYMENT, NO ENCUMBRANCES, NO LIENS AND NON-INFRINGEMENT, (B) WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS ARISING THROUGH COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE OF TRADE, AND (C) WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE ACCESS OR USE.
19. Release. You release Zill Home, its affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents from all liability related to any and all claims and demands you may assert against any third party arising out of the Services. If you are a California resident, you waive California Civil Code Section 1542, which states, "A general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his or her favor at the time of executing the release, which if known by him or her must have materially affected his or her settlement with the debtor."
21. Sales. You authorize Zill Home to charge your account for Service Partner listing fees. Unless noted, fees are in US dollars; tax is additional. To the extent permitted by law, fees are nonrefundable, with the exception of a 72 hour grace period for new accounts, even for posts we remove. We may refuse purchases, which may place a hold on your account.
22. Posting Guidelines. Please note the following posting guidelines:
a. Please do not post offensive content, including but not limited to, content that:
- is intended to exploit, solicit or harm minors
- is violent, racist, incendiary, or otherwise objectionable
- contains profane, obscene, vulgar or sexually explicit language
- includes link to photos, drawings, videos or other materials that are obscene or that contain nudity, violence or any other images that are not suitable for a real estate community
- Be respectful. We reserve the right to edit or remove any controversial content.
- No solicitation, unless as a paid Service Partner.
- No spamming. Please do not post junk mail, spam, scams or chain letters.
- No illegal or offensive posts. Any content that contains illegal, inflammatory, libelous, obscene or pornographic material will be removed.
- No public posting of private information or other people's unpublished contact information.
- Moderation. We reserve the right to monitor content and delete or retain content at our sole discretion.
- You are solely responsible for your Submissions. World Links may, but is not obligated to, monitor and edit or remove Submissions, and has no obligation to store Submissions.
23. Force Majeure
- Cancellation. If a Force Majeure event has continued for more than ten (10) business days, the non-delayed or non-defaulting party has the right to cancel the remainder of the term without penalty.
24. Termination. Unless designated as non-cancelable, Service Partner may cancel the entire contract, with or without cause, within 72 hours of commencement of initial contract or renewal term, for a full refund in the original method of payment. Either Zill Home or Service Partner may terminate the contract at any time if the other party is in material breach of its obligations contained herein, which breach is not cured within 10 business days after receipt of written notice thereof from the non-breaching party, except as otherwise stated with regard to specific breaches. Additionally, Zill Home may suspend delivery of Service Partner advertisement under any and all contracts immediately upon written notice to Service Partner in the event of any failure by Service Partner to make any payment hereunder when due (and, if Zill Home elects to suspend delivery of any advertisements, the end date specified in the applicable contract will be extended by a number of days equal to the period of suspension). (Note that Buyers, Seller, Lessors, and Lessees may delete their account at any time.)
27. Severability. If any provision herein is held to be unenforceable, the remaining provisions will remain in full force and effect.
28. Notices. Any notice required to be delivered to end users will be sent electronically via email to the email address on file for the recipient. All notices, requests, demands, and other communications to Zill Home required or permitted under this Agreement must be in writing and will be deemed to have been duly given (i) on the date of service, if served personally on the party to whom notice is to be given; (ii) on the fifth day after mailing, if mailed to the party to whom notice is to be given, by first class mail, registered or certified, postage prepaid; or (iii) one (1) business day after (a) deposit with a nationally recognized overnight courier, or (b) transmission by telecopy or similar means, if a copy of the notice is also sent via first class mail, registered or certified, postage prepaid or by overnight courier, provided that a transmission report is generated reflecting the accurate transmission of the notice. All notices, requests, demands, and other communications to Zill Home must be addressed as follows:
To: Zill Home.
516 W. Chapman Ave.
Placentia, CA 92870
Listings Quality Policy
1. Advertising and Claiming Listings.
a. Advertising Listings. Listings (regardless of the type) may only be advertised by property owners (individual or entity), or authorized agents of the property owners. Failure to comply may result in legal action. Zill Home may require that you provide a certificate of title or other documentation to verify you are the owner. If Zill Home is unable to verify that you are the property owner, Zill Home may remove the listing(s).
c. Undisclosed Addresses. A complete address is required for each listing posted on Zill Home, including the street number. If Zill Home is unable to verify a listing with an incomplete address, Zill Home may remove the listing at any time, without warning.
At Zill Home ("Zill Home" or "we" or "us" or "our"), we appreciate your use of and contributions to our Web sites, our mobile and desktop applications, our other properties and/or our related services (collectively known as the "Services," or, each individually, a "Service"). World Links respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal information.
Advertising-Supported Business Model
The Services and our extensive set of features are generally funded through advertising dollars. This advertising revenue helps keep Zill Home free of charge for our personal users. It also allows us to explore and build new features.
We strive to make advertisements relevant and useful to you. Therefore, we may serve advertisements to you based on the information we collect from you or in relation to your interaction with the Services.
We pledge to be transparent about the information we monitor and collect from you. We keep information private between you and Zill Home, except as explained below.
Collection of Information
When you use the Services, we collect a variety of information.
- Information you provide. When using the Services, you may provide information about yourself, such as name, address, phone number, email and details around a potential transaction. This may occur, for example, when you register on the Services. You may also provide information about a third party through the Services, for example, if you share a real estate listing with a recipient via email. We may combine this information with other information we collect from your interaction with the Services or from other companies.
In addition, when you order products or services through the Services, Zill Home may collect your credit/debit card information. This information is secured using industry-standard encryption technology. Zill Home will use this information solely to complete your order and will not share this information with outside parties, except to the extent necessary to complete the order or comply with applicable law.
In the event that a credit report is required to use a Service, Zill Home may collect your Social Security number ("SSN"). This information is secured using industry-standard encryption technology. Zill Home restricts access to SSNs to employees, vendors and subcontractors who require SSNs to support certain products and services. Zill Home strives to protect SSNs from unlawful disclosure and to keep them confidential by maintaining physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with applicable state and federal regulations.
We have implemented Google Analytics remarketing, which tracks and manages cookie information so that we and third-party service providers can better deliver advertisements that are relevant and useful to you on the Services and various websites across the Internet. We have also implemented Google Analytics display network impression reporting to better understand how ad impressions and ad services are related to visits to our sites. You can customize ads or opt out of these services using the Google Ads Settings.
- Mobile Device and Mobile Browser. You may adjust settings on your mobile device and mobile browser regarding cookies and sharing of certain information, such as your mobile device model or the language your mobile device uses, by adjusting the privacy and security settings on your mobile device. Please refer to the instructions provided by your mobile service provider or mobile device manufacturer.
- Usage logs. When you use the Services, your computer or other electronic device communicates a variety of information to computer servers, including the existence of cookies, your Internet Protocol address, and information about your browser program. We also create a record of what information you are requesting, such as the page or subject areas you're visiting.
- Calls. Calls to Zill Home or to third parties through Zill Home may be recorded or monitored for quality assurance and customer service purposes. If a call is recorded between you and a third party, it will be deemed private information of both you and the third party, and may be released to either of you.
Usage and Disclosure
In general, Zill Home uses the information collected from you to communicate with you and operate our Services. Zill Home also uses this information to respond to your requests and present you with advertising that we believe will be of interest or useful to you.
Your privacy is important and we are committed to protecting information that identifies you personally, where you have chosen to keep it private ("Personal Information"). We will only share Personal Information that you provide outside the public areas of the Services in the following circumstances:
- Consent. When you consent or direct Zill Home to share the Personal Information.
- Merger or sale. If and when Zill Home is involved in a merger, acquisition, or any form of transfer or sale of some or all of its business, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding. Personal Information may be transferred along with the business.
Real Estate Information
Zill Home strives to provide open and transparent information about real estate markets. For example, we may make available past sales prices for homes, and may allow any user to post a question or answer about a given home. Many times, this information is already publicly available. As long as discussion surrounds real estate and not individuals, we intend to keep this information freely available through the Services. Where a professional participates in the World Links communities, we may also allow users to comment on the professional.
You may receive email from Zill Home for a variety of reasons - for example, if you took an action through the Services. We respect your desire to manage email correspondence. If you have an account with Zill Home, you can select your preferences through your account settings. Also, you can manage your receipt of some types of communication by following the instructions included in the email we send you. Please note that, even if you unsubscribe from certain email correspondences, we may still need to email you with important transactional or administrative information.
In addition, if you have provided your email address to us, we may use a scrambled, unreadable form (a hash) of your email address to deliver tailored advertisements to you on the Services or on other websites, including via Facebook’s Custom Audience Feature or other similar Facebook tools. We will not share your email address with Facebook. Click here to learn about how you can control the ads you see on Facebook.
You may opt-out of cookie tracking and analysis as described in the section below entitled ‘Opting Out of Collection of Information’. The Services do not otherwise respond to ‘do not track’ signals.
Opting Out of Collection of Information by Third Parties
Zill Home may have relationships with the following services: Advertising.com, Atlas, DoubleClick, Google, Intercept, Right Media, BlueKai, Xaxis and Microsoft Advertising. The Network Advertising Initiative and Digital Advertising Alliance offer some centralized opt-out tools; otherwise you must visit each provider's website individually and opt out.
Zill Home Marketing Service Providers. If you do not want Zill Home and its marketing services providers to follow your usage of our Services via cookies and Web beacons, you can opt out of Cookies/Web beacons from: comScore, Google Analytics, Omniture and Yahoo! Opting out of these services does not mean you will no longer receive online advertising. It does mean that the service from which you opted out will no longer deliver ads tailored to your Web preferences and usage patterns. Please note that, if you opt out and later delete your cookies, use a different browser, or use a different computer or other electronic device, you will need to renew your opt-out choices.
Zill Home can provide you with helpful information based on where you are. If you tell Zill Home where you are (e.g., by allowing your mobile device to send Zill Home your location), Zill Home may use that information to provide you with location-based information and advertising. If you wish to deactivate this feature, you can disable location services on your mobile device.
Children Under the Age of 13
Zill Home will not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from any person under the age of 13. The Services are not designed to attract the attention of persons under the age of 13.
Storage, Security and Retention of Information
You acknowledge that Personal Information will be processed and stored by Zill Home in databases hosted in the United States. Zill Home has taken reasonable steps to protect the information users share with us, including, but not limited to, setup of processes, equipment and software to avoid unauthorized access or disclosure of this information. No transmission of information via the Internet can be entirely secure, however, so please always use caution when submitting Personal Information.
Contacting Zill Home